On October 10th, OABC partnered with Amcham Bahrain to present a live webinar on Doing Business with the U.S. Navy.
With the presence of the U.S. Navy in Duqm, the event included procedures followed by the U.S. Government to obtain products and services in Bahrain, Oman and throughout the region.
This event is part of AmCham’s mission to inform its members and the local business community about opportunities to do Business with the U.S. Government, and while it is usually two half-day workshops this session was condensed for an online event, as per the following:
- Qays Zu’bi, President, AmCham Bahrain
- CAPT Timothy Griffin, Commanding Officer, Naval Supply Systems Command (NAVASUP), Fleet Logistics Center (FLC) Bahrain
Overview: How to Do Business with the U.S. Navy
- Rick Bauer, Director of Contracts, NAVSUP FLC Bahrain
- U.S. government contracting process
- How to register as a U.S. government contractor
- Vendor payment process
- Ship repair and support
- Retail concessions on base
- Common services & supplies needed: construction, housing, health care, office supplies, food, cars, logistics, and much more.